Saturday, April 12, 2014

Night 10: No photos of shop stuff

Hmm. This has been a little puzzling for me. In this day and age, it's so easy to find pictures and/or information of anything via the www so why do shop owners get their knickers in a twist over it?

Wouldn't they gain in almost every way from the sharing of those photos via social media?

Anyhow, I encountered this a few minutes ago, haha. Was shopping for Bunny Ear headbands for an upcoming hen's night. 

The aim was bunny ears like these pair of cuties:
Attica Glitter Bunny Ears
Got these from Attica, yes the club.

I was rather excited that I found a shop with something similar at my first attempt. Without thinking I whipped out my phone and snapped a quick pic and sent it for opinions in the whatsapp group chat.

All this while the shop owner was standing there and you can imagine my surprise when he suddenly said very loudly, after I'd already sent the pic to the chat... 

"NO PHOTO! LOOK AT MY SIGN!"

And sure enough, above the rack with the headbands, was a small sign (not bluffing), saying:

"No Photography
FINE: $100"

Err, ok. I was prepared to apologize and make my purchase. But believe it or not, this dude (guy in his late 20s or early 30s???), wasn't happy! He proceeded to point to my phone...

"YOU DELETE, NOW!"

Clearly a man of few but loud words.

This sentence and volume obviously didn't go to well with my nature and hence I retorted back at him...
"I JUST WON'T BUY FROM YOU THEN."
and marched off.

The Bunny Ears from the Anal Shop
Perplexing. I was thinking to myself as I was huffing away on whether I should tell him that this is ridiculous seeing as all I was doing was getting opinions to BUY THE ITEM. 

But I didn't bother. He wouldn't have known what I was doing with the picture. 

I found another shop selling a different type of bunny ears (not as pretty), and this time, asked the lady owners for permission to take a picture, and the response was in total contrast to my earlier experience. 

SHE HELD THE BUNNY EARS FOR ME.

The Bunny Ears from the Friendly Shop
Totally stumped. Must ask Google why these variants exist.

Oh well. Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment